After the pre-processing phase, it is time to execute the simulation! You can control the simulation through the menu Simulation, that contains the following options: Next, Begin, End and Reset. I think these names are self-explanatory, but here comes a definition:
- (a) Next: the program execute the next step (iteration)
- (b) Begin: the program will execute the simulation iteratively, one step after the other
- (c) End: the program will stop the previous process
- (d) Reset: the program will reset the simulation and the cells will return to its initial state (zero velocity and fixed density).
The other actions of the Simulation menu allows the user to execute a specific number of iterations (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1024). The Info panel presents some data about the current simulation. Iterations is the number of the current step; grid size, the size of the grid, measured in cells; file, the name of loaded file; delta p is the average variation on density; average p, the average density; M su/s is million of site updates per second, a measurement about the simulation performance; and expended time is the real time spent from the beginning of the simulation.
Let's talk about the View panel now! It contains a series of options for changing the rendering of the simulation. Below, a list of these options is presented, with a short explanation of each of them:
- Upd (ms): interval between two steps
- Group: used for group some cells in order to clean the rendering
- Painter: type of rendering
- Axis, Static, Dynamic, Isolines, Forces, Particles, ColorBar, 2nd distribution, Heightmap: show/hide these elements
- Colors (Min, Max, Steps, Component): configuration for the colors scale. Min and Max are the minimum and maximum values considered in the color scale. The Steps number is the quantity of degrees used in color bar. Component refers to the current component (applied only in multicomponent simulations)
- Auto-Adjust: auto adjust the colors parameters according to the current rendering. The program will adjust the color parameters in order to consider the entire range of the current values of the simulation
- Continuous AA: check this and the program will configure automatically the color parameters
- Scale factor 1, Scale factor 2: used for scale the rendered vectors
- Zoom: you can control the zoom numerically here or use the mouse for it.
- Translation X, Y, Z: controls the translation of the visualization
- Roll, Pitch, Yaw: you can configure the rotation here
- Reset Projection: reset the projection
- Illumination: you can enable / disable the illumination effect of the visualization